The lack of proper hygienic care and excessive consumption of sugary, sticky candy can cause cavities. If you experience tooth decay, you can only return to a healthy mouth by drilling out the decay and filling the hole with a synthetic compound. In some cases, the tooth may even be removed.
The British Medical Journal published a study which showed that your diet can help you to heal tooth decay. The study included 62 children divided into 3 groups. The first group had a traditional diet with the addition of oatmeal rich phytic acid.
Children in the second group ate a traditional diet with the addition of a vitamin D supplement while the third group had a grain-free diet with the addition of a vitamin D supplement. The results showed that the children in the first group experienced an increase in cavities. The second group experienced an improvement in current tooth decay and less formation of new decay while the children in the third group had the best dental improvement and almost all cavities were healed.
Four Main Reasons for Tooth Decay
Dr. Edward Mellanby, Dr. Weston Price, and Dr. Ramid Nagel conducted a study which showed that there are 4 factors that can cause tooth decay:
- The excessive consumption of processed sugar
- Deficiency of magnesium, phosphorus, and calcium in your diet
- The excessive consumption of foods rich in phytic acid
- Your diet lacks fat soluble vitamins A, E, D, and K.
How to reverse tooth decay and heal cavities naturally
Oral bacteria prevent the natural flow of flow of dental fluids and it is known to feed on sugar which is extremely acidic and can demineralize the structural makeup of the teeth. This in turn leads to tooth decay. So, instead of using the harmful sugar, you can try Stevia and raw honey. But, make sure to use them in moderation.
Avoid phytic acid
Phylate is an enzyme inhibitor and a mineral blocker that can lead to various health issues. It can be found in beans, nuts, seeds, and grains. About 80% of phosphorus is totally un-absorbable since it is bound to the phytic acid in the grains and beans in the diet that we have today. These molecules bind minerals such as zinc, iron, magnesium, and calcium, that are essential for optimal oral health. By consuming foods high in phytic acid, you reduce the absorption of zinc by 20% and the absorption of magnesium by 60%. Phytic acid prevents the absorption of the minerals and steals the minerals from the teeth and bones, which in turn leads to osteoporosis
How to change your diet to avoid cavities
- Include eggs, meat, fish, and bone broth to your diet
- Eat one piece of fruit as the first thing in the morning
- Coconut oil, olives, fermented cod liver oil, fish, and avocado are rich in healthy fat
- Only eat sprouted seeds, beans, and nuts
- Avoid fast, packaged, or processed food
- Raw dairy is a great source of magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin D3, vitamin K2, and fat soluble vitamins. It is also recommended to try fed butters, cheese, and kefir goats milk
Want to give oil pulling a try?
Oil pulling is an effective oral detox used for thousands of years by the Ayurvedic medicine. Just swish tablespoon of oil in your mouth for 20 minutes. This will help to treat headaches, gingivitis, and even diabetes. It is recommended to use coconut oil with 1 drop of GRAS certified Clove essential oil.
Tips for oil pulling
- The best time to oil pull is in the morning when you wake up.
- You should oil pull for 20 minutes.
- After you finish, make sure to dispose of the pulled oil into the garbage can. Don’t dispose coconut oil down the drain since it can clog it. Also, you should not swallow the pulled oil because it contains toxins pulled out from your mouth. Use warm salt water to rinse your mouth. This water has potent antimicrobial properties.
- Don’t panic if the pulled oil is white or yellow.
- You should brush your teeth like you regularly do.
We have a homemade remineralizing toothpaste recipe that is worth trying. Check it out!
Magical Tooth Powder to Reverse Cavities Naturally
- 5 Tbs calcium powder
- 4 Tbs cold pressed, unrefined coconut oil
- 3 Tbs xylitol
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp bentonite clay
- 1/2 tsp calcium/magnesium powder
- 20 drops of trace minerals
*Optional: Cinnamon, Peppermint, Spearmint, Clove, Melaleuca, 20 drops of GRAS certified essential oil, and Protective blend
Use a spoon to mix all the ingredients in a small glass mason jar.
Source: Moving To Organic