Chaya is a large, perennial shrub native to the Yucatán Peninsula of Mexico. Sometimes it’s called tree spinach.
If you haven’t heard about this plant before, don’t worry, it isn’t that popular. But, in some parts of the world it has been used since forever.
The letter of an old lady made this plant more popular than ever. She claims that Chaya is a gift of God due to its ability to heal numerous diseases and conditions. This plant was the only thing that helped the woman deal with the cyst in her right breast. She had it for years and no other remedy helped her get rid of it. Chaya helped her treat the cyst within 3 months, and the woman already felt better after the third day of application.
Here’re some of the most amazing benefits of Chaya:
- Helps in the treatment and prevention of anemia
- Treats asthma symptoms
- Improves vision and brain function
- Boosts calcium levels
- Helps in the treatment of osteoporosis
- Regulates blood sugar, and helps diabetics
- Relieves sore throat and throat infections
- Prevents severe headaches
- Regulates cholesterol, and reduces uric acid buildups in blood
- Boosts metabolism
- Treats and prevents varicose veins
- Treats and prevents hemorrhoids
- Detoxifies liver
- It’s beneficial for children
This is just a tiny part of the benefits provided by Chaya. It can heal almost every disease. Add Chaya leaves to you soups and salads, or just brew some tea. Remember, you should never consume it raw.
- 6 Chaya leaves
- 2 cups water
Boil the water, and add in the leaves. Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes. For optimal results, drink your Chaya tea three times a day before your meals. As mentioned before, you can add Chaya leaves to your soups, salads and creams. The most important thing is to wash the leaves well.